Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Honesty & Hunting Accidents

AN OBSERVATION & OPINION:

Vice-President Dick Cheney is an ass, as are all politicians who think they are below the radar.

I really feel sorry for the guy Cheney shot in the woods, and I feel for VP Cheney as far as being involved in the accident. I’m familiar with this type of thing and it is awful.

What I don’t feel sorry about for the VP is that he tried to cover it up, delay the news, or whatever. The press has a microscope up his ass as it does with most of the administration. Did he really think he could avoid fall-out from this? That is insane.

All he had to do was call a friendly reporter, a few minutes after it happened, and say, “Look guys, I had an accident hunting today. I shot a good friend of mine and I am devastated. As soon as we know more, I’ll let you know.” That was it. Of course he should then follow up with additional information. You CAN NOT think they are not going to find out.

The perfect example of this is President Clinton’s famous “I did not have sex with that woman” comment. I don’t give a crap if he did or didn’t. My hat’s off to him if he did. It is a perk of the office for crying out loud. Just for once I would like to see one of them stand up and say something like, “Yes, I did do it. I had fun and it was great. I am sorry I hurt my family and disappointed anyone, but the pressure is fantastic. It happens!” …or something like that. An honest answer would go so far and be so refreshing.

If only they would learn, but they never do.

There is one last thing. I am not so sure 2 old farts should be out in the woods with guns, any more than they should be driving a car, but that is another rant.

To Honesty,

The Hammer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory EatonWeb Blog Directory